“Sometimes in life there is that moment when it’s possible to make a change for the better. This is one of those moments.”
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) began supporting HIV and AIDS programming in Tanzania in 2003 and established a country office in 2004. Ever since, in close collaboration and partnership with the Ministry of Health Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children and Presidents Office Regional Administration and Local Government, EGPAF expanded scope to supporting quality comprehensive and integrated HIV, GBV, TB and Family planning services in the supported regions.
Recently, EGPAF in collaboration with consortium partners Amref Health Tanzania, Engender Health, D-tree International and Matchboxology won the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID)/Tanzania’s Comprehensive Client Centered Health Program – HIV and Tuberculosis Northern (CH3P-HIV&TB) Activity contract.
Under C3HP, EGPAF offers USAID a responsive and forward-thinking approach that will address the evolving needs of the people of Tanzania as they relate to HIV in 5 regions (Arusha, Kilimanjaro, Manyara, Dodoma and Singida), tuberculosis (TB) in 6 regions (Arusha, Kilimanjaro, Manyara, Dodoma and Singida and Tabora), and family planning (FP) in 3 regions (Arusha, Dodoma and Manyara) services across each continuum.
The Technical Officer TB services (TO-TB) is a highly committed, self-motivated and result oriented individual.
S/he will coordinate and supervise implementation of TB and TB/HIV services within the region, towards effective and sustainable implementation.
S/he will provide regional level technical assistance, mentorship and supervision of the supported TB and TB collaborative activities, including designing and supporting implementation of innovative approaches to ensure high quality and integrated TB and TB/HIV collaborative activities across the supported councils and facilities.
S/he will be part of the Regional Acceleration Strategy team and will ensure an effective collaboration with various technical officers, while providing guidance and technical assistance to RTLCs and DTLCs in line with the government of Tanzania (NTLP) guidelines.
The TO-TB will lead on documentation and sharing of best practices in TB and TB/HIV collaborative activities in their respective regions. The TO-TB will report to the Senior Strategic Results Manager – RAS, with a dotted reporting line for technical oversight to the Senior Technical Advisor TB Services
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Associate officer TB services will work with RAS team in Tabora region to support implementation of C3HP supported TB, TB/HIV and DRTB activities.
- To Contribute to develop program activities and implementation plan, including TB, DRTB and TB/HIV program goals, objectives and targets
- Review sub grantee proposals, work plans and budgets to ensure accuracy, relevancy and feasibilities of proposed TB, DRTB and TB/HIV collaborative activities in line with C3HP supported programs.
- Provide technical support to councils, supervising and monitoring implementation of sub grantees planned TB, DRTB and TB/HIV collaborative activities
- Ensure TB and TB /HIV materials including guidelines, SOPs, Job aids are widely available from the central/national program levels to the supported regions, districts and facilities
- Take lead in various TB and TB/HIV collaborative activities work planning, and coordination to ensure they are included into regional and council’s project plans
- Track TB, DRTB and TB/HIV collaborative activities performance of districts and provide advice CHMTs for improving low performing districts
- Take a lead in TB case finding including TB screening, linkage to diagnosis and treatment
- Supporting councils to implement quality improvement for TB case finding activities
- Ensure all TB, DRTB &TBHIV recording tools are documented properly by reviewing TB screening tools, Presumptive TB, IPT registers, TB unit register and TB contacts registers
- Writing a quality and detailed TB section of quarterly and annual narrative report and achievements towards annual work plan
- Work with regional M&E team and participate in collection and reporting of quality TB, DRTB and TB/HIV collaborative activities/services data
- Representing EGPAF at meetings and workshops related to TB, DRTB and TB HIV/Collaborative activities in the region
Perform other duties assigned by supervisor
- Degree or advanced diploma in medicine, nursing or related field with relevant national registration
- Master’s degree in public health or related field is an added advantage
- At least 1 year of experience working in public health programs/ services
- At least 1 years of experience in implementation and management of TB and TB/HIV services or related clinical and public health programs
- Experience in writing reports, best practices and lessons learnt
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent command of English and Swahili languages in written and oral communication.
- Experience in basic computer applications such as MS Word, Excel, Power point and internet
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
HOW TO APPLY
EGPAF is an equal opportunities employer and the position is open to all. Qualified candidates should submit a CV, cover letter and relevant certificates explaining how the experience detailed in the CV will contribute to the requirements of the position and references to EGPAF.
Submissions to be sent to the below Link:
Link to job posting:
OR Through : http://www.pedaids.org/careers
Closing Date: April 29th 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.