AGA KHAN FOUNDATION Established in 1967, the Aga Khan Foundation (AKF) brings together human, financial and technical resources to address the challenges faced by the poorest and most marginalized communities in the world.
Special emphasis is placed on investing in human potential, expanding opportunity and improving the overall quality of life.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Process all payments within the approved control system
- Custodian of cheque books and other sensitive finance documents
- Custodian of all program cash in the safe cabinet
- Submission of weekly & monthly financial report i.e. Pivot and back up, monthly check list to Country /Regional Office.
- Preparation of all payment within the program
- Distribute all vendors cheque payment as per AKF policies
- Timely submission of monthly statutory payments, ie PAYE, NSSF and Withholding Tax
- Perform all bank activities including, handling of telegraphic transfer, collection of check books, Cash deposits, cash withdrawals, collection of bank statement etc
- Monitoring and control all petty cash transactions, including replenishment petty cash float
- Maintaining an accurate filling system of all payments and other finance documents
- Ensure that payments are accurately and timely made to the vendors as per AKF policies.
- Monitoring bank accounts and ensuring that adequate liquidity is maintained each month to avoid the risks of negative cash balance
- Backing up accounting data from the iscala system on weekly basis and keep the backups on the secured external storage.
- Prepare monthly payroll Journal Voucher (JV) with salary breakdown per grant which tally with Aruti payroll system and post the same in the iscala system.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Advance diploma in accounting/bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Minimum of 2 years working experience preferably with a Non-governmental Organization (NGO) dealing with multiple donor funds
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Good in excel program and any other accounting software.
- Knowledge and expertise in iScala system
- Ability to work quickly and effectively, thrive in a high-pressure environment, and be tenacious
- Proven ability to organise, plan and prioritise work
- Desire to develop skills and learn; ability to work flexibly, be service-oriented
- Team-working skills.
- Flexibility under pressure and in response to changing needs.
- Attention to detail and excellent numeric skills.
- Ability to keep clear and concise records.
- Proactive and risk mitigation drive.
- Self-confidence, maturity & ability to co-operate with a wide variety of people
- Personal commitment to working as reliable, honest, & trustworthy member of a team
- Ability to work effectively in a culturally diverse organisation.
- Uphold Aga Khan Foundation Values always
- Must be Committed to Safeguarding and Promoting the Welfare of Children and Vulnerable Adults and Expects all Staff and Partners to Share this Commitment
About the Agency
The Aga Khan Foundation (AKF), alongside its sister AKDN agencies, has implemented innovative, community-driven solutions to development challenges for over 50 years.
It brings together human, financial and technical resources to address some of the challenges faced by the poorest and most marginalized communities in the world.
Special emphasis is placed on investing in human potential, expanding opportunity and improving the overall quality of life, especially for women and girls. It works primarily in six areas: Agriculture and Food Security; Economic Inclusion; Education; Early Childhood Development; Health and Nutrition; and Civil Society.