Recruitment for the role of Head of Finance at Red Dot Distribution
Who are we?
Red Dot Distribution Limited was established in 2001 in Tanzania and later expanded its establishments to Kenya in 2003 with our Headquarters moving to Kenya in 2019. We are East Africa’s No. 1 ICT Distribution Company, born with a vision of bridging the digital divide by providing technology solutions and allied services to Africa and the World. We have offices in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Botswana and the UAE – with an additional sales presence in Zimbabwe, Ethiopia and Western Africa. Our distribution system helps enable large corporate and government entities to improve IT equipment efficiency in a cost-effective way.
Red Dot Distribution is recruiting a Head of Finance to lead the Company’s accounting and finance department in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. This individual will be reporting to the CFO.
Provide strategic leadership in business and financial planning, monitoring, management and reporting to support the attainment of corporate strategic goals and objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Financial Management and Analysis – Ensure credibility of finance team and function by providing timely and accurate comparative financial performance reports, analysis of budgets and financial forecasts and profitability analysis, cash flow planning, reconciliations with all stakeholders, and development and management both immediate and longer term financing strategy and on-going management. This includes the internal financial reporting systems, overall process and flow of responsibilities to ensure safe-guarding of confidential information, and the timely and accurate reporting and support of ongoing company operations and growth. This also includes consolidating accounts from all regions and review and approval of all cashflows and expenditure within budget.
- Development of Strategic Plan – Play primary leadership role in the coordination and advisement in the development of the Company’s strategic plan to include assembling senior management team input, establishment of key underlying priorities and underlying assumptions, as well as, preparation of all financial and investment related schedules.
- Preparation of Annual Base Budget Plan – Play key role in the development and presentation of Company’s annual Base business planning process and ongoing trend analysis of business performance. Key examples include support and coordination with sales team in preparation and analysis of assumptions and projections in development of the annual sales budget, as well as, assistance with department heads in preparation of annual expense budgets along with key underlying assumptions.
- Management of External Professional Relationships – Establish and maintain strong professional relationships with key accounting, tax, auditor, insurance, banks, revenue authorities, investment community and other service providers. Play key coordination and accountability link role with company’s Top Management. HOF will additionally assist the CFO in the ongoing support of external Company’s legal relationships and activities.
- Tax Planning and Compliance. Manage and coordinate both internal and external advisory services efforts to optimise the ongoing tax and compliance obligations of the company under its current structure and organisation as well as for future ventures and entities that might become part of the organisation.
- IT & Related Skills – ERP experience with preferred solid hands-on experience in use and management of ERPs to include skills in team coordination, implementation and ad hoc team support and trouble shooting.
- Company Policy and Procedures – Oversee development of company accounting policies and procedures as defined and agreed by executive management needs to support, protect and optimise on-going growth of the Company.
Strong corporate planning and budgeting skills.
Results oriented with an entrepreneurial and innovative approach to business and business solutions, project development, implementation and evaluation.
Good leadership skills and experience in problem solving, negotiation and turnaround management.
Highly developed analytical and reporting skills with excellent communication and presentation skills.
Effective working relationship with staff and other stakeholders.
Have not less than eight (8) years’ relevant working experience of a solid financial management orientation in a senior finance role in a recognised corporate organisation and at least three (3) years as Head of Department in a busy corporate environment with a large number of transactions.
Training and work experience in a top 4 accounting firm would be a definite advantage
Experience in group and segmented accounting
Mastery of various accounting packages and accounting standards
Experience in procurement of goods and services with a good grasp of the various modes of procurement;
Ability to design and implement an effective control environment.
Ability to manage a large inventory.
A good understanding of the mobilisation and management of resources in various currencies (including loans, grants and equity).