Human Resources and Compliance Manager
Company: Ngorongoro Safari Lodge
Location: Karatu- Arusha
Position: Human Resources and Compliance Manager
Reports to: General Manager
Ngorongoro Safari Lodge is a high end five-star lodge in Arusha- Karatu area currently has available a position for a Human Resource and Compliance manager. We are currently seeking an experienced, and thorough Huma Resource to join our rapidly growing firm. In this role, you will demonstrate your management skills and Human Resource expertise in a variety of personal and corporate hr best practices.
Please only apply by email below with Resume, Qualifications, availability, and a cover letter demonstrating suitability for the position.
Human Resource Functions
- In charge of all employees
- Making follow ups on legal issues, cases on mediation
- Advise the management on anything concerning legal matters or any improvements
- Preparing and reviewing contracts before signed
- In charge of all employee recruitment and selection
- Screening job applications and conducting interviews
- Designing job descriptions and assigning duties to employees
- Registering all employees for NSSF and health insurance schemes
- Scheduling and updating monthly staff shift roster (with support from HOD’s)
- Ensuring that all employees adhere to their contractual obligations
- Enforcing disciplinary measures, staff rules and regulations
- Advising the management on all matters related to labour law
- Implementing and keeping HR Policy manual for all employees
- Handling all staff welfare issues such as leave, overtime, etc
- Liaising with management on all matters related to staff welfare
- Performing general administrative tasks as assigned by the General Manager
- Support the development of HSE (Health, Safety and Environment) policy and programs
- Advise and instruct on various safety-related issues (noise levels, use of machinery etc.)
- Cooperate with safety committee to conduct risk assessment and enforce preventative
- Review existing policies and measures and update according to legislation
- Initiate and organize HSE training of employees and executives
- Inspect premises and the work of personnel to identify issues or non-conformity e.g not using protective equipment)
- Oversee installations, maintenance, disposal of substances etc.
- Stop any unsafe acts or processes that seem dangerous or unhealthy
- Record and investigate incidents to determine causes and handle worker’s compensation claims
- Prepare reports on occurrences of each accident after investigation
- Ensure compliance on all safety related matters
- Promoting safe working environment
- Develop and maintain appropriate safety measures for the lodge guests including but not limited to fire and safety, first aid and emergency response plans and planning.
- Be flexible in your approach and carry out any other such task as requested and by senior management.
- Degree in Public Administration, Human Resources Management, Law, or equivalent from a recognized Institution with 4 years of working experience 2 of which must be at Managerial level.
- Post Graduate diploma in Law will be an added advantage
- COVID Vaccination is strongly recommended for all successful candidates
- Background check which includes references, and an educational and criminal check is required before the start of employment
- This position is based in (KARATU- ARUSHA)
- Experience in hospitality, tourism, is highly advantageous
- 3 Referees required from past employers including current/last employer
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your application and resume not later than 12th February 2022 to email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.