New Mentorship Officer Job Vacancy at The School of St Jude February, 2022
Mentorship Officer- Higher Education
Want to work for one of the largest charities of its kind in Africa? Would you enjoy mentoring young adults through their higher education? Are you capable of helping youths navigate through life’s academic and social challenges? Does it sound like we’re talking about you?… Keep reading!
The School of St Jude is a pioneering leader in charitable education within Africa. We are giving 1,800 students free, quality education and 100’s of graduates access to higher education each year.
This year, we provided more than 30,000 government school students with quality teachers. St Jude’s is funded by generous supporters from around the world who make our mission of giving bright, poor Tanzanian students a free, quality education possible.
Who are you
- Capable of mentoring St Jude’s graduates on preparedness and awareness of the diverse university life
- Capable of conducting workshops, seminars and consultations with our graduates on matters relating to university life
- Capable of educating St Jude’s graduates and their families about college admissions, government loans and grants, financial aid or scholarship possibilities
- Passionate about unleashing graduates potential to successfully complete higher education
- You go to sleep at night dreaming about creating successful admissions, retention and successful completion for our graduates
What you’ll do
- Support St Jude’s Form six (6) graduates within the Beyond St Jude’s (BSJ) program during their course on matters of higher education; including admissions, academic and social life, mental health etc.
- Implement a standing mentoring program for BSJ scholars including peer mentorship
- Work with Beyond St Jude’s Officer- Administration to ensure St Jude’s Child Protection and Personal Protection Policies are upheld by all BSJ volunteers and scholars
- Support BSJ Coordinator for Higher Education with research of tertiary institutions and suggest improvements
- Liaise with university administrators and create positive relationships that will help make Beyond St Jude’s and Scholars’ workings easier
- Attend relevant tertiary workshops and education fairs to stay current with NACTE/TCU/HESLB/university information and share the information with both BSJ and Career Guidance teams.
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor Degree Holder in Sociology, Psychology, Counselling or related fields
- At least 2 years working in the education sector.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven mentorship experience within the education sector for youths aged between 18-24 years.
- Good organizational skills, time management, and ability to work independently
- The opportunity to use your talents and expertise to fight poverty through education and make a positive impact in Tanzania
- A flexible and supportive community of international and local employees
- Ample opportunities for career progression and development.
- Mid-morning tea and lunch (during working days)
Are you interested?
Send your cover letter and an up to date Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line must include the reference number: TSOSJ/HR/ADM/BSJ/01/22)
Applications close on 21st February 2022.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.