Senior Accountant – (2100007T)
Job Purpose and Key responsibilities
The role holder will be responsible for ensuring that financial accounts are prepared in a timely manner and that there is financial integrity of the statutory accounts. The role will report to the Chief Finance Officer.
- Prepare statutory accounts and ensure compliance to IFRS’s
- Production of statutory accounts, balance sheet reconciliations, P&L
- Management of the Fixed Assets Register
- Implement financial controls as required and monitor risks to financial controls
- Supervise the credit control unit
- Coordination of internal audit in liaison with the Internal Audit department and assist in external and regulatory audits
- Manage accounts reconciliation and sign offs in coordination with other departments
- Supervise the Accounts Assistants
- Deliver on performance requirements as defined in the departments’ strategy map, balanced scorecard and Personal Scorecard.
Key Performance Measures
- Expense ratio (% of NEP)
- Compliance to legal, regulatory and operational requirements
- Review monthly bank reconciliations and signoff
- Reconciliation of all GL accounts
- Turnaround time for claims & commission payments
- Timely submissions of monthly reports
- Accountable to the Chief Finance Officer
- Directly responsible for staff working under this position
- Required to liaise and work closely with the other business department staffs as may be necessary
- Tax Authorities
- External auditors
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required
- Bachelor of Accounting and Finance or its equivalent degree.
- Fully qualified Accountant (CPA (T) or ACCA)
- 6 years’ experience in a similar position, two of which must have been in a supervisory position
- Leading and Supervising: Provides team with a clear direction based on the overall strategy and objectives of the department; motivates and empowers others with a clear sense of purpose; creates a positive climate that fosters learning and development; acknowledge high potential talent within the team; sets and articulates the vision and values through own personal behaviour.
- Persuading and Influencing: Gains clear agreement and commitment from other; promotes the departmental strategy and objectives during team conversations; promotes ideas on behalf of the team and or department; makes a strong personal impact on others; takes care to manage the team’s impression and brand on others.
- Presenting and Communicating Information: Speaks fluently; expresses opinions, information and key points of an argument clearly; responds quickly to the needs of an audience and to their reactions and feedback; projects credibility.
- Adhering to Principles and Values: Upholds ethics and values; demonstrates integrity; encourages team and individual responsibility towards the community and the environment.
- Analysing: Analyses numerical data and all other sources of information, to break them into component parts, patterns and relationships; probes for further information or greater understanding of a problem; makes rational judgements from the available information and analysis; demonstrates an understanding of how one issue may be a part of a much larger system.
- Planning and Organising: Sets clearly defined team objectives; plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances; identifies and organises resources needed to accomplish tasks; manages time effectively; monitors team performance against deadlines and milestones.
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations: Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction; sets high standards for quality and quantity; monitors and maintains quality and productivity; works in a systematic methodical and orderly way; consistently achieves projects goals.
Primary Location: Tanzania, United Republic of-Dar es Salaam-Dar es Salaam
Organization: International Insurance Business
Job Type: Permanent
Shift: Day Job
Contract Type: Full-time
Job Posting: 02-02-2022
Unposting Date: 09-02-2022
Number of Openings: 1