Abt Associates seeks a dynamic Chief of Party for the anticipated five-year USAID Tanzania Horticulture Activity. Tanzanian applicants are strongly encouraged to apply. Position is contingent upon contract award to Abt Associates.
- Provide strategic technical and managerial leadership for all components of the program to ensure quality and timely delivery of the work.
- Oversee the project’s compliance with applicable USAID regulations and Abt corporate requirements.
- Ensure clear communications with clients and stakeholders about project activities and accomplishments.
- Interact directly and on a regular basis with USAID mission to coordinate program direction to ensure strategic alignment, collaborative learning, and adaption.
- Ensure close coordination with and leverage other relevant initiatives of USAID, Government of Tanzania, private sector, and other donors.
- A minimum of eight years of professional experience in managing projects in agriculture market development, private sector engagement, economic growth, and investment.
- Advanced degree in agribusiness, agricultural science, law, economics or business administration.
- Prior experience as a COP of a USAID-funded project.
- Professional experience in East Africa and in managing multi-stakeholder projects including private sector, government, academia and civil society is preferred.
- Knowledge of the Tanzanian social, political, and economic context is preferred.
- Track record of accomplishments leading agricultural development programs that are private-sector and/or market-systems oriented is preferred.
- Ability to represent Abt Associates in Tanzania, adhere to its corporate values of excellence and accountability, and work in close collaboration with subcontractors and partners.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY