Global Safeguarding Senior Advisor- Consultant at Girl Effect
Who We Are
Girl Effect is an international non-profit that builds media that girls want, trust and need. From chat-bots to chat-shows and TV dramas to tech, our content is reaching millions of girls in Africa and Asia to make choices and changes in their lives. Igniting their confidence to act differently at a time that can define their future. We create safe spaces for girls, sharing facts, and answering questions about health, nutrition, education, relationships and so much more. And we use innovative technology so we can reach girls at scale.
We’re looking for an Global Safeguarding Senior Advisor to provide on-going advice and support to Girl Effect for a minimum 3-month period. The consultant will provide supervision and mentoring to our safeguarding focal points to ensure the continued implementation and strengthening of Girl Effect safeguarding policies and procedures.
- Provide regular supervision and mentoring sessions to Girl Effect’s Global Safeguarding Manager [approximately 2 hours a week]
- Provide regular supervision and mentoring sessions to safeguarding officers in Girl Effect country offices (Ethiopia, Tanzania , India , Rwanda). Sessions will generally be provided on a fortnightly or monthly basis depending on the specific requirements of the staff member. [2 hours a week]
- Provide advice to product teams on safeguarding issues (TEGA, cast members, Springster, and Big sis). The frequency of contact will be determined by the specific needs and requirements of the individual team. [3-5 hour every week]
- Lead on case management and support other Safeguarding managers with serious safeguarding cases. [1 hour a week may vary depending on case load]
- Provide additional support and advice on safeguarding processes and procedures where requested by the Head of Programmes and/or Leadership. [1 hour a week]
- Participate in global calls and team meetings [2 hours every 2 weeks]
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. social sciences)
- Experience of managing safeguarding managers and focal points
- Experience of applying child protection and safeguarding approaches in international development programming
- Experience in leading the development and implementation of organizational safeguarding policies and procedures, in an international development context
- Experience supporting country officers/partners in low and middle-income countries to implement safeguarding measures
- Proven experience in successfully leading a small team, and influencing effectively across other teams (including influencing senior staff/forums)
- Preferably, experience of women or girl-centred programming
- Preferably, lived or professional experience in low or middle-income contexts
- Support the successful recruitment of Global Head of Safeguarding, working with our HR team
- Provide technical support and guidance to Girl Effects Safeguarding Leads/Managers
- Effective case management of serious safeguarding concerns through leading a case management panel
- Providing technical support and leadership in moving the policy redesign forward
- Maintain a record of all work undertaken to be provided to Girl Effect on request
- Provide a summary of work completed and issues arising during monthly meetings with Senior Director, Gender
- Timesheet to be submitted prior to payment of fees
- Please send your CV, including relevant qualifications, certifications and experience towards this consultancy
- A budget and fee structure breakdown
Applicants are advised to ensure that they clearly understand their tax position regarding local jurisdiction tax legislation provisions.
You may be required to undertake safeguarding checks. Shortlisted consultants will be assessed on our organisational values at the interview stage. The successful consultant will be expected to adhere to our safeguarding policy. We encourage you to read and understand our safeguarding policy, the executive summary of which can be found at www.girleffect.org/safeguarding. We have zero-tolerance for all forms of violence against children, beneficiaries and staff.
Girl Effect is committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We are committed to building an organization that is increasingly representative of, and works extensively with, the communities that we serve. To this end, due regard will be paid to procuring consultancy service organizations and individuals with diverse professional, academic and cultural backgrounds.
Application closes on 11th February 2022