Bulyanhulu Gold Mine, Shinyanga Region, Tanzania
Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit an Electrical Specialist to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and to ensure activities in the Engineering are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures.
Duration: 2 years contract
- Manage & exercise control over the entire surface and electrical reticulation network.
- Perform statutory compliance inspections, audits and tests.
- Compile reports/presentations on power consumption and supply.
- Ensure LOM electrical supply and demand is calculated, planned and executed.
- Conduct earth fault calculations and ensure HV and MV protection relays are set correctly.
- Fault finding, repair and testing of AC & DC variable speed drives / variable frequency drives/ soft starters.
- Ensure critical spares are ordered and maintained, to prevent production loss.
- Conceive and plan the electrical equipment and systems to operate in demanding conditions at the mine site
- Research, specify, recommend, install and commission the electrical equipment and systems as requested.
- Provide trouble-shooting support to improve operational efficiencies.
- Provide technical leadership for maintenance departments through the use of computerized planning, modelling and predictive maintenance systems
- Lead the implementation of cutting-edge processes and safety practices.
- Prepare tendering competitions, evaluate technical aspects of bids, supervise contractors, negotiate variations and remedial works, assure quality, measure work done, approve and accept works.
- Lead or work with a team to ensure projects are completed on time and within allocated budget, and in accordance to international recognized quality standards.
- Write reports, attend meetings, exchange information with other professionals, record and store information in compliance with legislation, regulations and company policies
- Ensure safety, improve operational efficiency and quality, control production costs and protection of the environment at all stages of a mine life cycle.
- Work cooperatively with other departments, project managers, supply chain and mine management to optimize production, reduce costs, solve problems and meet deadlines.
- Train and development young engineers, supervisors and technicians in building an efficient and sustainable workforce.
- Bachelor of Electrical Engineering or equivalent post trade qualifications
- Use of AutoCAD Electrical and SAP Plant Maintenance software, as well as African Expat experience will be an added advantage but not essential.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in similar operations.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- A high-level understanding of regulatory standards will be required to ensure statutory compliance for Electrical activities on the mine.
- Mine health &Safety awareness
- Excellent communication in English ,both writing and verbal
- Hazard identification and Risk assessment
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME
Indicating the role title “ELECTRICAL SPECIALIST“ in the subject of your email
Send your application via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not contacted by Barrick – Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 04th February 2022.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! BGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling Toll-Free Number +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com