Volcafe is one of the world’s leading international green coffee trading companies with its head office in Winterthur, Switzerland, operating in over 20 countries globally, in coffee procurement, sustainability, blending and export as well as importing and distribution, and it supplies the world’s major coffee roasters and retail distributors with their green coffee requirements, with significant strategic growth ambitions for the future.
We now have an exciting opportunity within our East Africa Leadership team in the role of General Manager Tanzania. This role will play a critical part in driving our on-going strategic development of our business in Tanzania. This is an exciting opportunity to lead and run a business with the successful candidate becoming part of the senior management team.
Job Title: General Manager
Duty Station: Tanzania
Reports to: Regional Director East Africa
- Lead and manage all aspects of staffing, financial management and operational requirements across the business and supply chain.
- Develop and lead on implementation of the business strategy, operations, and people management initiatives.
- Develop and lead on all commercial activities ensuring strong delivery and management on all related tasks.
- Oversee, with support from wider team, the delivery of a sustainable supply chain and innovative sustainability projects.
- Experience within the Coffee Industry having held commercially focused leadership roles.
- Commercial acumen with the enthusiasm and drive to expand our sales into new markets and increase our customer base
- Customer focused with a passion for ensuring customer satisfaction for existing relationships as well as seeking to expand the market and initiate new business.
- Experience of logistics, field extension service, warehouse operations & quality control: an ability to work across all of these areas improving procedures, personnel capacity, taking full responsibility for outcomes for selected areas
- Excellent communication skills and a can do attitude
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity to different attitudes and behaviours
- Robust resilient character with the ability to work autonomously and confidently.
- Knowledge of financial management and managing budgets
- Practical experience in working with sustainable supply chains would be beneficial.
- Ability to speak Swahili would be advantageous
How to Apply;
All interested candidates should send their online application letters and updated CVs with three referees to email@example.com by 30th January 2022. Please note that due to the high level of applications only successful candidates will be contacted and only online applications will be accepted.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Volcafe Ltd. is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment and no fees should be paid at all for applying for any roles. All qualified applicants will receive equal treatment without regard to race, colour, sex, gender, age, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, marital or civil partner status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected by local law. We also take reasonable steps to accommodate applicants with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws.
Taylor Winch Tanzania Ltd Part of Volcafe Group
Moshi Industrial Area P.O. Box 524 Moshi Tanzania