SENIOR DIRECTOR, GENDER EQUAL STRATEGY
Department STRATEGY AND OPERATIONS
Work Location Tanzania – Dar es Salaam
Work Location : Tanzania – Dar es Salaam
Type of Post : Not Applicable
Funding : APPROVED
Expected Travel : up to 20% Type of Contract :
Language Requirement : ENGLISH
Application Deadline :
Employee Duration : Active Full-Time
The Gender Justice team is responsible for the global management and implementation of the Gender Equal ‘impact driver’ of the CARE USA Strategy, 2021-2025. The elevated emphasis on gender equality in CARE USA’s strategy reflects the organization’s seriousness about deepening CARE’s gender transformative impact for greater numbers of people. Meeting this organizational mandate requires both technical expertise and management capacity for the effective execution of the strategy, especially at country level. This new leadership position will contribute to country operations expertise as a valuable adjunct to the Gender Justice team’s existing operational, strategic, and gender technical expertise. In particular, this position will support all three key initiatives under Gender Equal to be well-operationalized at country office levels, particularly through coordination and management of a few select focus countries where we will be able to measure improvements in gender integration, impact and evidence, and institutional transformation over the life of the strategy.
- Provide direction and support to COs for gender integration (SI1)
- Support CO scaling of gender transformative impact and evidence (SI2)
- Provide a global lens to diversity, equity, belonging and inclusion (DEBI) planning and execution
- Advise and support PSI VP and Senior Directors
- Join PSI SLT and act as a senior leader within the Gender Justice team
- Masters Degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Country office leadership experience (7+ years)
- Track record of success integrating gender across operational and program functions at country office level -strong oral and written communications skills
- Political acumen and skill in building coalitions for gender transformative change, institutionally and programmatically
- Sufficient experience and gravitas to interact with and influence senior executives on gender policy and program issues
There are individuals who may use CARE’s name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Some examples of these fees are placement fees or immigration processing fees. CARE does not use recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates an up-front fee of any kind. Occasionally, CARE does employ recruiting or placement agencies to help us identify candidates for specific employment within CARE. If you’re contacted by a legitimate recruiting or placement agency, there should be no charge to you. If you suspect that you have been a victim of fraud from someone purporting to be CARE, please contact us at email@example.com.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.