Aga Khan Health Service Tanzania (AKHST)
Aga Khan Health Service
Aga Khan Health Service, Tanzania(AKHST)- an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), a not-for-profit international organization that supports social development programs in Tanzania. It has completed a major expansion to position the institution to become a leading and integrated tertiary and teaching health care system in Tanzania.
As part of its health system strengthening initiatives in working with and supporting Government Health Programmes, AKHST, AKFT and AFD are partnering on a new innovative public-private collaboration called Tanzania Comprehensive Cancer Project (TCCP) that aims at strengthening and expanding the quality, access and capacity of cancer care services in the country. The project collaborators include Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender Elderly and Children (MoHCDGEC), Ocean Road Cancer Institute (ORCI), Bugando Medical Centre (BMC), Muhimbili National Hospital (MNH) and President’s Office – Regional Administration and Local Government (PO-RALG) with technical support from Institute Curie.
AKHST is seeking for enthusiastic and qualified experienced personnel for the following position to be part of this exciting project:
CONSULTANT HEMATOLOGIST – (1 POSITION)
- To design and develop ICE materials in accordance with Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MoHCDEC) guidelines that will used to communicate in the community
- To participate in various health education and awareness project activities (e.g. radio, Television shows, social media and print) that will increase project visibility and patient referrals
- To participate in cancer screening activities and clinical camps both in the community and project health facilities that will aim at increasing project visibility and patient referrals
- To performance diagnostic procedures (e.g. bone marrow and trephine biopsies);
- To report on Hematological Cytologies, peripheral smears
- To manage hematological malignancies especially Pediatric Hematological malignancies such as leukemia and lymphomas
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Master Degree in Hematology from recognized institution.
- Minimum 5 years of Relevant Clinical Experience
Duty Station: Dar es Salaam, the incumbent should be willing to travel in project catchment areas.
PLEASE NOTE: ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEWS.
Method of Application
APPLICATIONS, CV AND EDUCATION CERTICATES SHOULD BE SUBMITTED ELECTRONICALLY TO: email@example.com WITH THE SUBJECT LINE OF THE POSITION OR HAND DELIVERED TO HUMAN RESOURCE DEPARTMENT, P. 0. BOX 2289, OCEAN ROAD, DAR ES SALAAM.
CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS IS END OF BUSINESS DAY ON SUNDAY 6TH FEBRUARY, 2022.
“AKHS is concerned about the climate and environmental crises we face and is doing everything possible to reduce our own impact, encouraging others to do the same, and advancing understanding in this field. AKHS has set itself the task of getting as close to net- zero carbon operations as possible by 2030. We expect all staff to contribute to achieving these aims in the context of their roles. We encourage applicants with previous experience or an interest in this field to apply”