Hand in Hand Eastern Africa-Tanzania (HIHEA TZ) is a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) registered in Tanzania since 2016 with a mandate to operate in the country, and part of the Hand in Hand Global Network. Our vision is to empower the society, especially women, through the creation of sustainable enterprises and jobs. HIHEA (TZ) currently leads field operations through two branches, in Moshi and Arusha.
The organization works with marginalized communities in the areas of economic and social empowerment using a participatory approach aimed at helping people fight poverty and vulnerability. The Hand in Hand enterprise and job creation approach is based on a philosophy of self-help, providing training, skills and support to enable people living in poverty, particularly women, to build and sustain independent, market-based, economic activities. This provides for a higher level of income for them and their families, which in turn contributes to greater food security, better education for children, and increased access to healthcare, improved housing, and overall improved livelihoods.
SUMMARY HUMAN RESOURCE & ADMINISTRATION ASSISTANT JOB DESCRIPTION AND SPECIFICATIONS. REF.NO: HTZ HR&AA-01/2022 (1) POST
The position is open to Tanzania Nationals only.
The position provides administrative support to the Human Resource and Administration Department for quality delivery of administration and human resource services to the work force. It is expected that the job holder’s time will be split between Administration and Human Resources in the ratio of 70%:30%.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assume receptionist duties including front desk area services, receiving of visitors and refer them to appropriate staff members, answer phone, route calls, and take messages. Distribution of incoming external mails and prepare outgoing mail including bulk mails.
- Supervise the office assistant and drivers, manage the work schedules and vehicle booking and allocations for scheduled activities in line with the request received.
- Arrange accommodation, transportation or any other necessary logistics for staff and programme visitors for corporate events and welfare activities in line with established regulations.
- Maintain updated mailing lists for service providers in the Administration Department.
- Provide support to Head of Functions, Supervisors and Branches to ensure effective and efficient procurement processes at HIHEA(TZ)(TZ).
- Coordinate and facilitate pre-qualification of vendors and service providers, develop and undertake periodic update of procurement database, and ensure the procurement committee and staff are fully informed.
- Coordinate and manage the budgeting and procurement, tendering and bidding processes at HIHEA(TZ) for all administration related items including but not limited to e.g. general office goods, supplies, and consumables, monitor inventory and restock as required furniture, stationary, fire extinguishers etc.
- Process request for quotations and initiate procurement requisitions for the Administration department and when necessary. Receive procurement and supplies to confirm conformity of the order and dispatch/distribute to the relevant department/staff.
- Ensure all motorbikes and motor vehicles under HIHEA(TZ) are duly registered and insured in line with in country regulations.
- Maintain a record of all assets, vehicles and motorcycles and ensure all insurances are up to date.
- Initiate and facilitate all country office maintenance and repairs.
- Raise request for motor vehicle and motorbike fuel on the 15th and 30th of every month
- Process all insurance related claims with insurance emanating from general claims at HIHEA(TZ) and follow up to ensure timely payment.
- Liaise with finance department to ensure approved invoices for procurement of goods and supplies are paid in a timely manner.
- Initiate and manage the asset disposal process.
- Maintain safe and proper record keeping by filling source documents, vouchers and any other supporting accounting documents for future references.
- Provide administrative and logistical support on staff recruitment and selection processes (schedule interviews, book interview rooms, communicate to unsuccessful candidates).
- Coordinate staff welfare and wellness matters (End of year Parties, benevolence, Team building, Sports etc).
- Facilitate allocation of work station and all necessary working tools to new hires.
- Maintain employee training and development activities records.
- Enroll staffs on the medical scheme, update staff changes, and de-register staff who have exited from the organization.
- Adhere to professional standards and the policies, procedures, structures and systems of the organization.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor from time to time.
- HR & Administration Assistant Job Vacancy at Hand in Hand Eastern Africa-Tanzania (HIHEA TZ)
Qualified and interested candidates should forward a cover letter and CV (as one attachment), citing the Position and Reference Number to email@example.com on or before 1st February,2022 close of business.Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resource Management, Procurement or a related field.
- At least 1-year experience in in a similar position.
- Good interpersonal skills and a strong team player with ability to relate well with and manage issues of people of diverse backgrounds.
- Passion and commitment to quality service performance
- Good organizational, planning, and problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge of computer applications including MS Office, Internet and e-mail.
- High level of integrity.
- Good analytical skills, attention to details, and ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment. and report writing skills.
- Good communication and report writing skills with good spoken and written English and Kiswahili.