Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North Western Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s South East of the nearest point of Lake Victoria.
The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam.
Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Requisition ID 17883 – Posted 01/17/2022 – Tanzania
Position: Tradesperson 1 – Plumber
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time contract
Re Reporting to: Senior Supervisor Infrastructure Mechanical
Number of Positions: One (1)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
To provide day to day mechanical maintenance services to the Mine Site Infrastructures including fire pumps, submersible pumps, sewage pumps, site infrastructure mechanical equipment’s, pipe fittings, HDPE Pipe Welding (But Fusion and Electrofusion), water pumps, bore hole pumps,
The role will also involve safe execution of mechanical fittings works including PM Services, Maintenance, Repairs, Breakdowns, and Installation of new and replacement equipment on non-process plant related infrastructures.
- Full Technician Certificate in Plumbing / Trade Test Grade I in Plumbing.
- At least 2 – 3 years working experience as a Plumber preferably in Mining Industry, Petrochemical Industry or Brewery Industry.
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Learn, understand, and follow AGA Health, Safety and Security Policies and Procedures
- Check water pipelines and leakages in pumps
- Inspect and check bearing and replace when needed
- Ensure that the sprinkler system is working effectively
- Assembling and fittings of various plant equipment’s (pumps, valves, and pipes) to improve mine site infrastructure performance
- Perform scheduled inspections on pumps and mine site infrastructure systems
- Performs ad hoc maintenance works on pumps and pipe works
- Manage plumbing installations at company houses, ablutions, kitchens, workshops
- Be able to carry tasks with minimum supervision
- Be able to understand instructions both in Swahili and English languages
- Physically fit
- Computer knowledge
- Excellent in Pipe work fittings, HDPE, Steel, PVC pipes and pumps
- Having valid Tanzania Driving License will be added advantage
MODE OF APPLICATION:
- Please apply through our recruitment portal by clicking the ‘APPLY’ button below.
- On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
- You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Tradesperson 1 – Plumber”
- If you struggle to apply via the link provided, please head over to our website https://www.geitamine.com/en/people/ for a step-by-step guide on how to apply for jobs on our recruitment portal (SuccessFactors).
- You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
- Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
- Applications should reach the above on or before 24th January 2022 at 5:30 Pm
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
NOTE ON COVID-19 PREVENTION:
- Please note when you are invited for interviews, you will be required to present proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (Covid-19 vaccination certificate) or if you are not vaccinated, please go for a Covid-19 test and obtain a 96 – hour valid PCR Covid-19 negative certificate.
- You are also advised to adhere to all recommended prevention measures including proper wearing of face masks and washing or sanitizing your hands before you are allowed through Geita Gold Mine entry points.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! GGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing email@example.com or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com