Bulyanhulu Gold Mine, Shinyanga Region, Tanzania Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Mine Surveyor to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and on a practical note the purpose of this role is to provide technical support to the survey team ensuring all survey requirements to be done in the mine site and local exploration areas are completed accurately and in accordance with the BGML standards and procedures, and that a safe working environment is maintained at all times
Reporting to: Chief Underground Surveyor
- Ensure safe work practices, i.e. attending compulsory safety courses and meetings, use of required PPE, incident/accident reporting and ensuring total adherence to all Safety, Occupational Health and Environmental Policies, as well as other relevant policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Keep track of current Mine Instructions and archiving obsolete ones.
- Issuing Survey instructions to the relevant Mine Captains and ensuring mining department and contractors adhere to these instructions.
- Ensuring all fired rounds are correctly recorded so as to monitor development trend of each and every active heading.
- Provide survey support to ensure mine production and development is done as per design and in accordance with established standards and procedures while ensuring minimum disruption to production and development cycle.
- Ensure precision Survey equipment’s are kept in good serviceable condition by carrying out regular checks, use permissible adjustments and keep track of equipment performance for scheduling specialized maintenance and authorized dealers’ shops
- Implement BGML employee performance management process to ensure optimum employee performance and identify and report any substandard performances or behaviors.
- Performing minimum Quality control processes as per standard procedures.
- Provide comprehensive end of shift reports.
- Provide effective on-the-job training and coaching to ensure employees gain new skills and achieve their maximum potential.
- Ensure there is adherence to all BGML policies and procedures.
- Ensure all surveys are done so as to exceed the minimum accuracy standards specified in the survey code of practice
- Degree/Diploma in Mining Survey, Land Surveying or Geometrics Engineering from a recognized Tertiary Education Institution
- Valid Driving License
- At least 3 years working experience in Underground Mining environment.
- Experience in Software’s – Mincard, Surpac, Deswik, Maptek point studio.
- Experience in using Survey instruments: Leica ts 15, leica ts 16, leica rtk gps, boretrak system, maptek scanner
- Experience in using Survey scanners for both Underground and Surface.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Computer Proficiency in relevant Survey/cad Packages.
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills
- Communication Skills; both written and verbal in English language
- Strong attention to detail
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME
Indicating the role title “MINE SURVEYOR“ in the subject of your email
Send your application via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not contacted by Barrick – Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 23rd January, 2022.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! BGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling Toll-Free Number +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com