Job ID: R-29361
Category: Information Technology
Location: Mufindi, Iringa
Purpose of the Role
IT service management plays a critical role in ensuring that IT services meet business requirements, and that the Tea business can operate effectively and efficiently. The IT Analyst role manages the local IT service delivery for multiple applications and vendors, to meet the needs of multiple business areas.
During implementation of any new IT solutions, the role will focus on successfully landing the solution in the geography, managing the intensive care period, and addressing any issues. Once the IT landscape is fully established, the focus will move to service stabilization and improvement.
The analyst will also focus on identification and delivery of new IT capabilities to meet changing local business needs, monitoring and reporting on IT service delivery; ensuring the smooth transition and planning of new capabilities into live service; and driving continuous improvement and innovation in IT services and how they are managed.
Qualifications & Experience Required
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, IT, Engineering, or an equivalent professional qualification
- Strong experience of working in a busy IT environment – a minimum of 3 years.
- Knowledge in deploying infrastructure projects.
- Understanding of ITIL framework – ITILv4 preferred
- Business Analysis and partnering skills
- Microsoft Structured Query Language (SQL) Database skills, use of Microsoft Power BI is a plus
- Project management skills – certification from recognized body preferred
- Experience working with Enterprise Resource Planning systems e.g. Sage X3
- Knowledge of technical management, information analysis and of computer hardware/software systems.
- Hands-on experience with computer networks, network administration and network installation are preferred.
- Client focused and support orientated
- A logical and systematic approach to problem resolution across a broad spectrum of technologies.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills – both verbal and written.
- Able to multi-task; work to tight deadlines and able to cope under pressure.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Strong problem-solving ability/logical thinker and highly numerate.
- Engage with Unilever Plantations business teams to communicate and scope the IT plan aligned with overall IT plan.
- Partner with functional managers, understand their business requirements and come up with solutions that will be of benefit to the functions towards meeting their business goals. Also play an advisory role in aligning and improving current business processes.
- Use information to drive insights to improve business performance
- Lead the journey towards predictive capability & move from Information to Analysis to Analytics.
- Monitor and maintain the end-to-end delivery of IT services ensuring that these meet the requirements of the local business and follow-up on incidents.
- Service reporting: monitor KPI to manage and track IT services with appropriate improvement plans where needed.
- Follow ITIL processes in line with ITIL service lifecycle framework, specifically service design, service transition, service operations and continual service improvement.
- Continual service improvement: identify and explore opportunities for service and business improvement; drive analysis and identify, prioritise and implement improvements and efficiencies, ensuring that the organisation derives maximum value from services; recognise the potential for automation of processes, determining costs and benefits of new approaches and managing change or assisting implementation where needed.
- Undertake activation activities within the Plantations for Global IT Innovation (Digital Supply Chain Agenda) as required by IT Manager.
- Undertake the relevant project execution activities to support Local Growth Programs working with Service Lines in the delivery of these projects. The incumbent must identify local implications that would affect successful delivery.
LEGACY & HERITAGE (LH) SERVICES
- Undertake the necessary activities to provide Line 2/3 support for Legacy & Heritage applications in Plantations. This includes working with 3rd party support teams for upgrades, patching, maintenance, or migration of L&H services.
- Undertake the necessary project management and application development activities for Legacy & Heritage Innovation projects within scope responsibilities or advice on where an applicable and working off the shelf application could be sourced
- Assist with communication and resolution of Incidents for Legacy & Heritage applications. The BP should bridge understanding between the technical teams and the end user and oversee quality in the incident resolutions process.
- Service Management with monthly reviews of Legacy & Heritage services and develop action plans to improve services while tracking service SLAs are met.
EXISTING GLOBAL IT SERVICES
- Support the IT Manager to ensure effective delivery of day-to-day IT operations, ensuring that IT services delivered are as per business requirements. Performance review on open tickets, resolved tickets, and reporting to the business leadership. Getting feedback on pain areas and planning for improvement.
- Review of Global services in Plantations and help develop action plans for these and track achievement of action plans within area of responsibility, be in control and ensure successful landing.
- Assist with communication and coordination of status of Urgent Incidents in and understanding impact to support resolution of these incidents.
- In the case of relevant incidents with core processes works together with the functions in order to activate Business Continuity Plan to minimize disruption
- Participate in problem management investigation and closure
- Work with business teams to ensure that the benefits of the existing services and new/updated services in Plantations are achieved through partnering with the services team, carrying out analysis, defining service level agreements and properly engaging the service provides
- Assist with processing of actual costs as required in Plantations, tracks and ensures payment to local vendors through ensuring the annual contracts are renewed appropriately and payments are made on time correctly.
- Working with the finance business partner to track cost drivers to feeding into the budget process
- Supports software asset management activities as appropriate in Plantations
- Work with local LAN and global WAN service providers in ensuring high availability network connectivity services
- Identify areas of improvement and project manage the solutions through to completion.
As per job/site requirements, local travel between sites
Should meet expectations on the Unilever Standards of Leadershipopens in a new window behaviors relevant to the work level.
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.