AKES.T is part of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), a group of private development agencies working to improve living conditions and opportunities for people of all faiths and origins in specific regions of the developing world.
AKEST is looking to hire the following position based in Dar es Salaam:
The Personal Assistant to the CEO supports the CEO and the Chairman of the Board in the conduction of their work. S/he also provides support to other Central Office managers and Heads of Schools. The PA will also coordinate all efforts for handling day to day tasks assisting CEO and Central Office.
- Assist the CEO in preparing and distributing correspondence, reports and other material relating to AKEST matters.
- Organize and prioritize incoming correspondence for action by the CEO.
- Maintain the CEO’s schedule and calendar, providing reminders for meetings and scheduling as appropriate
- Develop and maintain a well-organized filing system for all correspondence, reports and reference material related to the CEO’s work, such that any documents can be located within minutes of being requested
- Support the CEO, Chairman of the Senior Management Team with agendas and minutes of all meetings
- Notify Board members and Corporate Secretary of Board meetings with sufficient notice.
- Maintain accurate records of Board and SMT meetings – notice, attendance and minutes in a well-organized filing system.
Applicants should have the following qualifications and experience:
- Diploma in Secretarial Studies from an accredited college and Executive PA course will be added advantage
- At least three years working experience in similar position in school environment
- Proficiency in English as a first language and Microsoft Office packages
- Good understanding and experience in education management
- Understanding of 21st century education practices, strategies and frameworks
- Flexibility to work on weekends and evenings
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills
- Strong planning and preparation skills
- Team player
- High level of integrity
- Ability to multi-task
- Teaching English and Humanities subject
- Lesson preparation
- Making teaching and learning happen in the classroom
- Class management
- Bachelor in Education
- Teaching relevant subject in IGCSE curriculum
- Three years teaching experience in IGCSE or similar curriculum
- Ensure that banking transactions are updated on daily basis and related vouchers are posted.
- Handle the Petty Cash float and ensure that reimbursements and claims are as per the AKES, T finance policy limits.
- Ensure proper filing of all vouchers in an easily accessible manner and maintain the documentation system of all units.
- Making sure that all accounting documentation are properly filed and kept in a secured place with monthly validation.
- Preparing payment vouchers as and when required.
- Preparing all statutory payments arising from payroll.
- Bachelor degree in finance and accounting
- Knowledge of accounting package should be an added advantage
- Three years working experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications should include application letter showing how they meet the requirements of the position and interest of the position, up dated curriculum vitae, certified copies of relevant certificates, testimonials and names of three professional referees one must be your current employer.
The Human Resources Manager
Aga Khan Education Service Tanzania
P O Box 125
DAR ES SALAAM
Application letter should reach the undersigned not late than 15th January, 2022 through email, post or physical submit to the office.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.