gender & human rights coordinator tanzania, gender & human rights coordinator jobs, gender & human rights coordinator, world vision jobs in tanzania 2021, world vision jobs arusha 2021, world vision job vacancies 2021, world vision tanzania internship 2021, world vision tanzania jobs, shirika la world vision tanzania, nafasi za kazi world vision april 2021, world vision projects in tanzania, jobs at world vision tanzania, job vacancies at world vision tanzania,world vision jobs in tanzania 2021, world vision tanzania job opportunities, gender & human rights coordinator job description, gender & human rights coordinator salary
World Vision Tanzania seeks highly qualified candidates for an anticipated five-year donor funded project with key objectives to increase empowerment, reduce exploitation and abuse, increase uptake of ASRHR services, including Nutrition & HIV and Increased Economic Opportunities through skills development, job creation, policy and capacity building. The project is anticipated to be implemented in Dar es Salaam and Dodoma.
The anticipated project aims:
- To Improve enabling environment to advance gender equality and rights and protection from SGBV and adverse SRH and Nutrition outcomes
- Improved capacity of youth/CBOs to meaningfully participate in and engage local decision-making structures to advance gender exploitation, adolescent girls’ and boys’ SRHR, and prevent and respond to SGBV.
- Increased access to improved ASRHR and nutrition services for adolescent boys and girls in and out of schools.
- Increased gender equitable participation of female and male youth from 16-19 years in the labour market.
- Provide overall strategic leadership and Direction to the Project team and implementing Partners on Gender equality, Human Rights and Advocacy
- In consultation with World Vision Tanzania and World Vision Canada participate in the development and implementation of project’s gender equality strategy in promoting Gender Equality, Human rights and CVA in all project outcomes
- Support the development of projects annual work plan in implementation of gender equality, human rights and advocacy interventions
- Work with project implementing Partners and to ensure gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) and Human Rights are well integrated in implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Representing WV at external events; external contacts coalition building and networking
- Maintain Good/harmonious relations between World Vision Tanzania, donors and all other stakeholders through reporting and sharing of information periodically on Gender and Human Rights
- Use Reserch findings and monitoring report to develop Policy briefings on Gender, Human Rights and Advocacy for external engagement and ensure the rights of adolescent girls and boys are protected
- Work with MoHCDGEC to ensure NAIA interventions are well integrated and implemented in the Project.
- Promoting Gender Equality, Human Rights and integration of Advocacy in the Project
- Support the implementation of Coaching Boys into Men Model, Men Care Model and Chanel of Hope-Gender
- Develop and Implement project capacity building strategy that enhances staff capacity to oversee the integration of gender equality in all of the project’s programming areas and in all three pillars through training, learning and knowledge sharing activities
- Support capacity building opportunities on gender equality, Human and Advocacy (CVA) for key project partners including adolescent girls and boys, implementing partners, community level leaders, to equip them to support gender equality and CVA integration in all program areas.
- Support Training to TOTs in addressing Gender GBV to adolescent girls and boys and addressing VAC
- Ensure integration and implementation of gender aspect of SRHR education to in-school and out of school adolescents.
- Adolescents CVA teams formed and monitoring standards and score card implemented
- Evidenced based method on family planning implemented among adolescent girls and boys in school and out of school
- Coordinate Advocacy, Policy Research & Public Awareness on gender equality, gender justice and human rights.
- Develop and/or support partnerships and cooperation with other organisations in Dar Salaam and Dodoma City on gender equality and its impact on adolescent’s health (SRH), nutrition and economic empowerment
- Be a spokesperson for the project on identified Gender, Human Rights and Advocacy (CVA) issues.
- Increase in number of partners who work on improving issues of gender equality and promoting rights of adolescent girls and boys
- Develop and update plan for ITAW campaign
- Ensure implementation of ITAW campaign activities in the project
- Work closely with Ministries, Like- minded organization, Religious leaders in planning, implementing monitoring and evaluate ITAW Campaign
- Participate in commemoration of International events such as 16 Days of Activism. International Day of a Girl Child, International Women’s Day, Day of African Child, and Human Right Day.
- ITAW campaign interventions are well implemented and reach many people
- Advocacy messages and IEC materials of ending child marriage and teenage pregnancies prepared and disseminated,
- Support Baseline, Monitoring and Evaluation exercises of the Project
- Ensure Gender Equality and Social Inclusion are well integrated into Monitoring and Evaluation
- Support Establishment and maintenance of effective project reporting, evaluation, and communication systems in alignment to specific donor requirement and WVT standards.
- Document and disseminate Gender, CVA, Human Rights and ITAW impact stories / best practices and lessons leant
KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
- Required Professional Experience
- Minimum of 5 years experience
- Demonstrate Experience in working with adolescents boys and girls, advocacy, lobbying and communication,
- Experience of working in an international and cross-cultural environment is an added advantage
- Experience in promoting gender equality and Human Rights
- Experience in working with Faith Leaders in promoting gender equality and human rights
- Familiar with current Advocacy issues around Adolescents Sexual Reproductive
Required Education,training, license,
- Preffered: Bachelor degree in Social Sciences, with at least 5 years experience
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- Excellent communication skills; Ability to communicate with internal and external stakeholders,
- Strategic, creative, and innovative thinking
- Excellent presentation skills
- Practical advocacy and campaigning experience in the development field
- Ability / experience of managing a network
- Experience working in advocacy
- Experience in coalition building and ability to rally coalitions and networks to take positions on specific policy issues
- Excellent coordination and planning skills
- Report writing skills: Ability to write complex reports
- Demonstrate high levels of integrity
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent team player with minimum supervision
- Significant experience of working with government officials, multiple partners, community groups and communities.
- Proven experience in facilitating effective project documentation and dissemination of results to a wide range of audiences.
- Experience in working with donor funds
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff
- Good planning and Excellent organizational skills, ability to determine priorities and attention to detail a must
- Work in a multisectoral/ multicultural team- patience, cultural sensitivity and application of contextual understanding in day to day work
- Ability to work with tight deadlines for information needs