Want to know about HESLB qualifications? Read here the HESLB qualifications, HESLB qualifications.
In this article, we are providing information about HESLB qualifications. This is one of the best articles to know better information. So, refer bonce in this article and Don’t forget to share this article with our friends.
Tanzania Higher Education Students’ Loans Board (HESLB) is an organization that grants loans, bursaries and scholarships for training at public institutions, which are recognized by the Ministry of Education of Tanzania. Thanks to HESLB loans, all Tanzanian citizens can pursue their dreams by getting an academic degree and embarking on a successful career.
The Higher Education Students’ Loans Board (HESLB) was established by HESLB Act (CAP 178) and became effective in July 2005. HESLB is mandated to, among others, issue loans and or grants to needy and eligible students.
HESLB Act and regulations provide for General Eligibility and Criteria for applicants seeking loans. NEEDY and ELIGIBLE applicants must apply for loans and/or grants to meet part or full costs of their education
General Eligibility Criteria as Pronounced by the Act
General Eligibility criteria require an applicant to meet the following:
- Must be Tanzanian;
- Must have applied for a loan through the Online Loan Application and Management System (OLAMS);
- Must have been admitted to an accredited Higher Education Institution on full time basis except for Students Admitted at the Open University of Tanzania (OUT);
- Must not have funding from other sources to finance his/her education;
- For undergraduate applicants, must not have a formal or regular income from employment, either public or private sector.
- Must be a continuing student with results/progress reports to show that he/she has passed the examinations necessary to enable him/her to advance to the following year or stage of study;
- For a student’s loan beneficiary seeking to re-apply for loan after dropping out from one programme/college/university) he/she must repay at least 25% of the previous loan amount before applying for a new Payment of 25% of the previously granted loans is not a guarantee for new loans allocation.
How do you apply for HESLB loan?
- Visit the HESLB official website https://www.heslb.go.tz/
- Find HESLB Portal
- Once you have logged into the student portal, select the needed application form and fill in all the required fields.
- Ensure the form is properly filled
- Submit Online