Job Vacancy at Geita Gold Mining Ltd 2021, Technician 2 – Occupational Hygiene
ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North Western Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s South East of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Technician 2 – Occupational Hygiene
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time contract
Department: HSE &Training
Reporting to: Occupational Hygiene Specialist
Number of Positions: One (1)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
To assist Occupational Hygiene Specialist in carrying out Occupational Hygiene monitoring and surveys, loading data into the system, reports writing, conducting the inspections for the purpose of ensuring legislative compliance and meeting corporate guidelines.
- Diploma or degree in Environmental Management / Science or any other related fields.
- Certificate in Mine Environmental Control (Practical course or Intermediate MEC-RSA),
- At least 2 years’ working experience as the Occupational / Industrial Hygienist or technician.
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Prepare dust filters, label and conduct the dust pre and post weigh in the gravimetric dust lab.
- Take gravimetric pumps and other sampling / measuring instruments to the fields where people are working.
- Maintain, operate, and calibrate a variety of sampling and monitoring equipment.
- Evaluate and interpret monitoring and sampling results, make determinations, and develop corrective strategies.
- Prepare accurate and complete technical reports of survey findings and provide recommendations on how to correct hazardous conditions.
- Evaluate the long-term effect of exposure to health hazards in order to develop cost effective plans for addressing such situations
- Determine effectiveness of engineering control methods and make recommendations regarding location, design, structure, operations, and maintenance of contaminant and physical agent control systems.
- Check compliance in terms of PPE and adherence to the Occupational Hygiene requirements on site.
- Review operational procedures to identify processes which are detrimental to health.
- Assess workplace for occupational health hazards by observing work conditions, assessing records, conducting interviews, sampling and monitoring chemical or physical agents.
- Be able to interpret data and prepare a report.
- Be able to determine any defects on the measuring instruments.
- Be able to communicate the findings to the workforce.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
- Please apply through our recruitment portal by clicking the ‘APPLY‘ button below.
- On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
- You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Technician 2 – Occupational Hygiene”
- If you struggle to apply via the link provided, please head over to our website www.geitamine.com for a step-by-step guide on how to apply for jobs on our recruitment portal (SuccessFactors).
- You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
- Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
- Applications should reach the above on or before 13th December 2021 at 5:30 Pm
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
NOTE ON COVID-19 PREVENTION:
- Please note when you are invited for interviews, you will be required to present proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (Covid-19 vaccination certificate) or if you are not vaccinated, please go for a Covid-19 test and obtain a 96 – hour valid PCR Covid-19 negative certificate.
- You are also advised to adhere to all recommended prevention measures including proper wearing of face masks and washing or sanitizing your hands before you are allowed through Geita Gold Mine entry points.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! GGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing email@example.com or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com