Job Opportunities at Asilia Lodges and Camps ltd 2021, HR Assistant
Founded in 2004, Asilia has a leading presence in the main safari destinations in Tanzania and Kenya as well as a driving role in several pioneering projects. Asilia’s goal is to turn crucial and fragile natural habitats into lasting conservation economies, benefiting both the environment and local communities. At present the company owns and operates 20 lodges and camps as well as a ground handling operation. Asilia is the first Sustainable Safari / Lodge Company in Africa to receive a 5 Star rating for Sustainability from GIIRS, was recognized as one of the “Best Companies for the World” in 2013 and was awarded the 2014 Tourism for Tomorrow Business Award.
What we believe in
We believe that world class travel can go hand in hand with improving livelihoods and conservation of nature. Our luxury camps and lodges are in some of the most special places on earth. Places we want to safeguard for the future. We strive to transform whole areas, from crucial fragile natural habitats with often impoverished communities into lasting conservation economies: effectively protecting wildlife whilst providing opportunities for local people to prosper. Whichever department you work in your efforts will be crucial in achieving our conservation goal.
Position: HR Assistant
Location Arusha, Tanzania
Qualifications, experience & skills
- Degree/Diploma/Certificate in Human Resources (desirable)
- Knowledge of Tanzanian employment law
- Minimum 2 years previous experience working Human Resources
- Fluency in English and Swahili, verbal and written
- Confidentiality and discretionary skills essential
- Attention to detail and accuracy a must
- Strong organisational skills
- Team player
- High proficiency in using MS office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Central administrations of sick leave, annual leave, off days and staff salary advances
- Manage issuance and records of all sick sheets, annual leave forms, and off days for office and camps employee.
- Make sure the salary advances are issued according to the Company and HR policy.
- File management:
- Create new files for new staff members upon completion of three month probation period.
- Make sure every staff member has a company ID card.
- Filling of staff documents in the individual files and any other documents in respective files.
- Ensure all employees records in relation to dependants are completed and correct.
- Assist with tracking HR information/reports.
- Ensure that all the salary slips are sorted and circulated before the second week of the following month
- Check the staff camp loan forms requests, ensure they are filled as per company policy and prepare file for payment, then submit staff loan deductions list to the payroll file.
- Staff performance, training, and development
- Make sure all the camps have training forms in place and training records are done accordingly.
- Track all the signed training forms to be send to arusha office for our records.
- Providing support on staff training, recruitment and fully involved on HR matters.
- Stationary: issuing and collecting stationary for HR Department.
- Assisting on any other HR related work when required.
- Perform other duties assigned by the Human Resources Manager or any Country Management staff.
Should you be interested in this position please send your updated CV before 15 December to: firstname.lastname@example.org