ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North Western Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s South East of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Senior Supervisor – Gold Room
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time contract
Department: Process Plant
Reporting to: Superintendent 2 – Process Production
Number of Positions: One (1)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The core aim of this role is to supervise the optimum recovery and smelting of gold concentrate into bullion and prepare for bullion shipments. In addition, this role ensures that all activities of the Gravity Circuit and Gold Room teams are optimized to deliver gold production, safely and at reasonable cost. The Gold Room Senior Supervisor is the accountable person in the Gold Room and is accountable for the output of his/her team(s) and for their working behaviours (i.e., decisions taken, work methods used, adherence to safety/security standards, etc.). He/she is also responsible for projects related to the gold room and gravity plants as well as the training thereof of his/her subordinate operators. The role incumbent is expected to execute key accountabilities by maintaining a high profile in the field, by developing a capable team and by establishing a safe and productive work environment, whilst at the same time maintaining high standards of security, discipline and compliance to country regulations and international standards.
Minimum qualification – high school certificate.
Computer literate with MS office skills.
- Process plant experience as a senior supervisor for minimum of 20 years
- Gold room and gravity recovery plant operational experience
- General gold plant operational experience for minimum 20 years
- Clean criminal record
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Safety Health and Environment
- Conduct crew meetings (toolbox) on shift basis (documented proof).
- Every shift, every section (each employee under his/her supervision is expected to attend such a meeting every shift).
- Keep physical records for audit purposes.
- Issue of and compliance with PPE requirements.
- Control of proper use of PPE.
- Control of PPE issue (prevent abuse of free issue).
- Safety, Health and Environmental risk management on shift.
- Completed mini risk assessments when non-routine jobs are conducted.
- Ensure team risk awareness to be emphasized and continuously monitored
- Hazard identification and reporting.
- Control Spillage of slurry and chemicals including cleaning and spillage prevention.
- Ensure proper storage of tools and equipment.
- Supervise waste management in each section
- Compliance to safety procedures and standards.
Planning and Execution of Operations
- Achieving production plan targets
- Ensure clear targets are set for team on daily basis
- Ensure each operator understands targets and his / her role in delivering on the targets
- Make quick and effective response to breakdowns.
- Conduct analysis of route cause and effect
- Take quick corrective action – by Gold Room team or escalate to maintenance (e.g. call outs procedure) and Production Superintendent
- Short interval control
- Ensure awareness of plant performance.
- Corrective action as and when required.
- Cross functional communication with security, maintenance and reporting during the production meetings
- Controlling Gold Room and Acacia parameter controlled in in accordance with daily/standing instructions.
- Production risk management
- Identify and address (if within scope of authority) any production risk.
vi. Escalate production risk if not within scope of authority to address.
Planning and Execution of Projects
- Provide operational input in the planning of projects in the gravity circuit and gold room and take a lead role in the operational readiness and commissioning.
- Use of reagents in accordance with Metallurgical Section specifications.
- Ensure effective equipment utilization (running units without feed, damage, optimal usage, etc).
- General cost awareness and drive to reduce cost (e.g., cost saving ideas and suggestion).
- Provide inputs in developing plan for the following week.
- Execute current weekly plan (this includes shut down work planned).
Training and Development
- Identify developmental needs of operators to advance (development plan for each operator, agreed to between Supervisor and Operator).
- Ensure development programs for Operators are implemented with assistance from Production Superintendent and Operational Senior Supervisors.
General Supervision and Coaching
- Reward and recognise excellence within the crew
- Manage inappropriate behaviour and provide coaching where necessary
- Ensure operator accountability (Operators should have the discipline to continue with assigned work with minimal supervision).
- Keep daily records of time keeping for the crews.
- Take appropriate action as and when required.
- Manage overtime as per company policy.
- Ability to coach and train subordinates and junior operators
- Sound knowledge on;
- Carbon recovery circuits
- Smelting – induction and electrical
- Gravity recovery plants – Knelson, Falcon, ACACIA, ILR
- Leaching plants
- Crushing and milling
- SCADA systems
- Understand how machinery operates e.g., valves, pumps, instrumentation.
- Long-term business planning and execution skills
- Employee Personal Effectiveness Appraisal & Review
- Sound communication skills both written and spoken.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Please apply through our recruitment portal by clicking the ‘APPLY‘ button below.
On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Senior Supervisor – Gold Room”
You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
Applications should reach the above on or before 23rd November 2021 at 5:30 Pm
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
NOTE ON COVID-19 PREVENTION:
Please note when you are invited for interviews, you will be required to present proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (Covid-19 vaccination certificate) or if you are not vaccinated, please go for a Covid-19 test and obtain a 96 – hour valid PCR Covid-19 negative certificate.
You are also advised to adhere to all recommended prevention measures including proper wearing of face masks and washing or sanitizing your hands before you are allowed through Geita Gold Mine entry points.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! GGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com
CLICK HERE TO APPLY