UBONGO is Africa’s leading producer of kids’ edutainment. As a non-profit social enterprise, we create fun, localised and multi-platform educational content that helps kids learn, and leverage their learning to change their lives. Ubongo reaches millions of families across Africa through accessible technologies like TV, radio and mobile phones. Our show’s Ubongo Kids and Akili and Me currently air in 31 countries across Africa, in Swahili, English, French, and Kinyarwanda. We are currently adapting the shows to even more languages including Kikuyu, Luo, Yoruba, Hausa, Igbo, and Twi. This is a great time to join an organisation that’s rapidly growing across the continent, and work with a creative and impact-driven team committed to reaching as many families in Africa with life-changing edutainment.
Job Position: We are looking for a Curriculum Research Consultant. Working at Ubongo won’t be easy, but it will challenge and excite you with lots of responsibilities, plenty of fun, and give you the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of kids every day.
We’re looking for a dynamic, creative and flexible Curriculum Research consultant to ensure that we maintain the educational aspects of our content by mapping our content to pan-African education curricula. You’ll work closely with our Education & Research Supervisor and Education and Research Officer to do curriculum research and development.
- Research and user testing Ubongo Learning’s content
- Support continuous and creative user testing processes for all content and products.
- Assist with user tests and focus groups with kids or other stakeholders.
- Contribute to development of materials for testing.
- Support user testing our content at all stages of pre production, production and post-production
- Curricula research and development
- Mapping our content to different African countries curricula on different platforms
- Research and keep record of the different African countries’ curricula for our target audience’s age group.
- Assisting on curriculum design for our shows.
TO BE A MATCH, YOU’LL NEED:
- A degree or qualification in Education, Early Childhood, Research or similar field.
- Experience teaching pre-school and primary school children, or conducting research with children. Experience with children with special needs is an advantage.
- Ability to learn new software and research techniques as needed.
- Have experience performing surveys, focus groups, or user testing
- Have a significant knowledge of different educational curricula format
- Self-motivated and possess a high level of responsibility to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexibility in adjusting to new work-related requirements as they arise.
- Ability to work remotely (experience with Asana, Slack, and Google Drive is a bonus).
- Have a can-do attitude and readiness to learn on the job as we create an innovative new educational service
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili
- People with Disabilities/Special Needs are highly encouraged to apply