LPG Sales Manager
Develop, direct and control all LPG Bottling Activities in Tanzania to meet the company’s short and long-term business objectives.
Work closely with the General Manager Tanzania to achieve short and long term financial and operating objectives as set by the overall corporate business plan. Support the sales team in the growth of the country in general and on specific projects as agreed.
Help grow the business in Tanzania by identifying new business opportunities, either by acquisition or by growth of existing business.
Manage specific growth projects in Tanzania concerning LPG.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities, Key Responsibilities:
- Initiate specific projects related to the growth and improved efficiencies of the Puma business within the LPG Bottling Activities space for Tanzania in relation to the specific activity.
- Drive Country business strategy to factor in complete and clear objectives and scope, client consultation and acceptance, communication and information sharing, project development, price evaluation and financing scheme, and risk management of these new activities.
- Manage and coordinate the activities of all the LPG Bottling Activities of the business lines and local divisional managers to ensure the highest growth and profitability in line with country objectives. Assist the management team to deliver results.
- Identify, evaluate, negotiate, and manage the most complex or strategically important business opportunities, for example sales, projects, consulting engagements, partnerships, alliances that shall contribute to the company’s short and long-term business goals.
- Provides overall advice to management by analyzing business objectives and customer needs; developing, communicating, building support for, and implementing business strategies, plans, and practices; analyzing costs and forecasts and incorporating them into business plans; determining and supporting resource requirements; evaluating operational processes; measuring outcomes to ensure desired results; identifying and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; promoting a customer-focused environment.
- Research market and coordinate the generation of new business relationships to enhance company’s revenues and profits. Evaluate the findings of market research or analysis projects; assess the viability of alternative opportunities, and present recommendations to management. Establish high level, significant relationships with potential clients, customers, partners, key decision-makers, and industry leaders to promote the company’s products and services.
- Handle larger projects, negotiations and contracts to assist company business development activities. Exercise independent judgment in determining new business courses of action.
- Ensure compliance with the company’s principles, policies and local laws
- At least 2 years’ experience in business development, ideally a substantial part in LPG Commercial activities.
- At least a First Degree certificate in Marketing or related disciplines
Skills & Competencies:
- Complete and in-depth product knowledge of LPG.
- Good level in English written and speak
- Networking and marketing skills – Marketing diploma preferable, or equivalent relevant experience in FMCG business
- Customer identification and prospecting – Must have an understanding of PUMA’s core business activities and apply this knowledge in gaining new potential customers.
Key Relationships and Department Overview:
Reports to General Manager.