Senior program manager for Digital Health initiative
CVPeople Tanzania | Full time
Dar es salaam , Tanzania
Key areas of responsibility:
- Establish and execute programme implementation plans in collaboration with the team and partners, including setting objectives, performance measurements, standards and results expected
- Manage local stakeholders and communication
- Monitor and support the timely and cost-effective implementation of the Diabetes Compass initiative in Tanzania in accordance with our goals and partner expectations, approved budget and agreed timelines
- Build and strengthen strategic partnerships through active networking, advocacy, and effective communication
Specifics of this position may include:
- Establish and execute programme implementation plans in collaboration with the digital health team and partners, including setting objectives, performance measurements, standards and results expected
- Manage product development lifecycles and stakeholder expectations and creating an efficient feedback loop between end users and development teams
- Monitor and support the timely and cost-effective implementation of the Diabetes Compass initiative in accordance with our goals and partner expectations, approved budget and agreed timelines
- Participate in the implementation and coordination of operational and governance procedures, including strategy development, project planning, communications planning and change management activities
- Conduct field visits to monitor project execution, document and align joint expectations and reporting on project progress.
- Dissemination, communication and presentation of projects results
- Build and strengthen strategic partnerships through active networking, advocacy and effective communication
- Help identify potential countries, communities and partners with whom to pursue new digital health opportunities
- Help to develop communication strategies to maximise communication impact and outreach and build awareness of our goals and competencies and reinforce reputation as a supporter of sustainable projects results.
Degree of independent decisions:
- Moderate level of independent decision making vis-à-vis agreed processes and partnership agreements. Decisions on key partnerships and projects to be made in agreement with Head of Digital Health Solutions Management
- All decisions should be made within the our Code of Conduct, Strategy and Quality Assurance System in place at any given time.
- Internally: WDF management, WDF secretariat
- Externally: Participate in external meetings with global and local project partners and funders as needed
Communication / Interaction with other internally or externally:
- Internally the position has direct interaction with:
- Digital Health Team
- Externally the position will represent and has direct interaction with:
- WDF digital health partners, project consultants, and other relevant stakeholders in Denmark and Tanzania.
To what extent is travel needed to perform the job:
Some local travel is associated with the position in order to meet partners and participants in the Diabetes Compass Initiative including clinic visits and other necessary visits with the Diabetes Compass global and local partners where needed
- Master’s in public health, political science, social science, international development studies or another relevant field.
- Min. 5 years of relevant experience
- Relevant experience with a proven track record in project management. Product development, preferably in the area of public health or life sciences is a prerequisite.
- Experience building business cases and communicating project-specific value proposition and establishing yourself as a trusted advisor
- History of leading discussions with partners, donors, advisors and decision makers
Personal qualifications and competencies:
- Proven ability to shape and drive a digital and product development projects from initiation stage to project close
- Excellent stakeholder engagement
- Experience managing external consultants
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to synthesise, analyse, communicate and present complex data
- Ability to take initiative and work in an agile manner
- Ability to work independently/in a team
- Fluency in English is required.
The job requires
Team player / ability to share knowledge and learnings / strategic thinking / develop programmatic approaches and tools/ability to evaluate and communicate impact
Quality oriented, structured and organised, diplomatic, good intercultural skills, proactive, analytical, pragmatic
CLICK HERE TO APPLY