WEIHBRIDGE OPERATOR– 8 Vacancies
Tanzania National Roads Agency (TANROADS) is vested with the responsibility of Maintenance and Development of Trunk and Regional Roads Networks in Tanzania Mainland. The Agency is also responsible for conducting Axle Load Control Operations through Weighbridges.
In making sure that the Agency strengthens the capacity to perform its functions effectively, the Regional Manager, TANROADS – Coast seeks to recruit qualified and competent Tanzanian Citizens to fill the available vacancies at Regional Manager’s Office TANROADS – Coast on contract terms as follows;
POSITION TITTLE: WEIHBRIDGE OPERATOR– 8 Vacancies
POSITION RELATIONSHIP: Reports to Weighbridge Shift In- Charge
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Carrying out activities as described in The East African Community Vehicle Load Control Act of 2016 and its Regulations of 2017. The activities include the following:
- Weigh Motor Vehicles Gross Vehicle Mass (GVM) as well as axle weights as described in The Road Traffic Act 1973 on our Public Roads
- Impose road damage fee for overloaded vehicles
- Measure physical dimension of Motor Vehicles or any load being carried on the motor vehicle
- Ascertain compliance with special permits for trucks carrying abnormal loads
- Record all necessary particulars regarding the motor vehicle being weighed
- Enforce Road Traffic Axle Load Control by the use of Weighbridge Scale devices
- Perform any other related duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor
- Must be Tanzanian Citizen
- Holder of a Full Technician Certificate (FTC) or Diploma in Civil, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from a recognized Institution
- Must be a computer literate
- Not above 35 years of age
- Fluent in both Kiswahili and English
REMUNERATION: As per TANROADS Scale 4.1
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE:
Appointments will be on Contract Terms of Two Years (2), (renewable) subject to satisfactory performance, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Any Tanzanian who meets the conditions and requirements of this advertisement is invited to apply.
- Applicants who are employed should route their application through their employers
- Any person with unresolved criminal offences need NOT ap- ply
- All applications should have at least two names of referees and their contract address and reliable telephone numbers for contact (failure to provide two referees will result to a disqualification)
- All copies of Academic certificates and birth certificates MUST be certified
- Submission of a certified copy of birth certificate is a MUST, Affidavits will not be considered
- All applicants must attach one colored passport size to their application letters
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interviews
MODE OF APPLICATION
Only candidates who are willing to join the Agency immediately after being notified are invited to send application letters. Send your application to.
The Regional Manager
Tanzania National Roads Agency (TANROADS)
P.O BOX 30150, KIBAHA.
Qualified applicants are required to apply to the undersigned not later than Friday 19th November, 2021 attaching to their application letters; CVs, copies of certified Academic certificates, copies of certified birth certificates, names of at least two referees with their daytime telephone numbers, applicants’ own daytime numbers for contacts, and one colored passport size picture.
Late as well as incomplete applications will not be considered.
Lobbying and canvassing of employment will not be entertained and will work to the applicant’s disadvantage.