Job Opportunity at Tanga Cement PLC – Process Operator
Position: Process Operator
Reporting to: Production Shift Supervisor
• Responsible for operating the kiln, raw mill, and coal mill to ensure that the plant is running within required and according to the agreed parameters.
• Operate plant according to day’s instructions, monitoring the process and making adjustments as required to maintain optimum operating parameters
• Reporting; Maintain production log sheets; ensure accuracy of data in the log sheet and prepare daily reports
• Take part in any job related to production activities; work efficiently in a professional way example of special assignments: all sorts of cleaning, firefighting, special tests, refractory jobs etc.
• Information; Communicate to the supervisor any abnormality and ensure that feedback from laboratory on product quality is obtained
• Ultimate responsible for safe working practices especially at areas of responsibility.
• Environment: Ensure environmental procedures are complied with, identify, and manage the environmental aspects and impacts in his/her area and instil environmental awareness culture in his/her area.
• Any other duties as may be assigned
• FTC/Diploma in Mining/Laboratory Technology or equivalent
Knowledge and Specific Experience
• Minimum 1 year maintenance experience in cement or equivalent industry.
• Good written and spoken English
• Basic understanding of maintenance requirements
• Good knowledge of safety procedures
• Able to organize work of section
• Totally honest and trustworthy
• Good attention to detail
• Able to think things through logically
Salary and Benefits
Tanga Cement offers attractive salary and benefits in line with the candidate’s qualifications, skills, and experience.
How to Apply
Send your CV and copies of relevant certificates by email to firstname.lastname@example.org,
. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Tanga Cement Plc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.