Job Opportunity at Tanga Cement PLC – Laboratory Assistant III
Position: Laboratory Assistant III
Reporting to: Quality Assurance Manager
• Verify accuracy of test done by testers on shift, perform calibration of lab equipment and solution standardisation, analyse, and monitor quality on incoming materials from outside the plant.
• Prepare daily composite samples and test to cross check accuracy of daily test on shift
• Collect and analyses all incoming material; Analyze all incoming materials (Pozzolana, Gypsum, Raw Coal, Iron, Kerosene, HFO, Diesel, Ore and Bauxite) and report any deviation from specified target to Quality Assurance Manager
• Taking Daily Cement physical stock (Dipping)
• Verification and Calibration of Lab Equipment; Verification of Lab Equipment (RXF, Leco, Blaine apparatus, Calorimeter) and Grinding Aid pump
• Preparation and Standardization of Lab Solution
• Perform Particle Size Distribution of Raw Meal and Milled Cement when needed
• Involved in doing Laboratory and Plant Trials.
• Making follow up on Laboratory consumables
• Ultimately responsible for safe working practices especially in areas of responsibility
• Environment: Ensure environmental procedures are complied with, identify, and manage the environmental aspects and impacts in his/her area and instil environmental awareness culture in his/her area
• Any other duties as may be assigned by line management
• Ordinary Diploma in Science and Laboratory Technology or its related qualifications.
Knowledge and Specific Experience
• 2-3 years’ experience in cement or manufacturing industry.
• Proper sampling techniques, perform a variety of chemical analysis, Keep records accurately and neatly and prepare clean and concise reports, Work with limited supervision, Able to think for problem solving, Fairly independent, Able to take and follow instructions precisely, Able to give detailed and accurate feedback, Level of mathematical knowledge required, Able to speak, read well technical English, Computer knowledge, Good knowledge of safety procedures, Basic knowledge of computer skills (Windows, word and Excel), Attention to detail, Flexibility and Perform a variety of chemical analysis.
Salary and Benefits
Tanga Cement offers attractive salary and benefits in line with the candidate’s qualifications, skills, and experience.
How to Apply
Send your CV and copies of relevant certificates by email to firstname.lastname@example.org,
. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Tanga Cement Plc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.