Job Opportunities at Geita Gold Mining Ltd – Sampler – UG Geology ( 5 Posts ) 2021
ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North Western Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s South East of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Sampler – UG GeologyContract type & Duration: Fixed Term Contract (2 Years)
Reporting to: Superintendent 1 – UG Geology
Number of Positions: Five (5)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The purpose of the role is to facilitate, organize and participate in sample collection, preparation and submission to SGS laboratory for testing and analysis to determine their metal content and characteristics.
- Secondary School certificate.
- Possess Class D, Tanzanian driver’s license.
- 2 years’ geology experience in the mining industry preferable Underground operations.
- Knowledge of underground mining, grade control geology and sampling will be added advantage.
- Good in communication and report writing.
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Ensure all geology work is undertaken in a safe and environmentally friendly manner
- Ensure and implement all grade control sampling procedures at both GC drilling underground and core shed
- Control and oversee ROMPAD grab sampling and adhere to best sampling practices to avoid biasness of the samples.
- Ensure all grade control, ROMPAD grab samples are bagged and labelled as per standard procedures.
- Prepare sample bags, accurately completed submission forms with sample numbers and QAQC in a correct order.
- Prepare Grade Control or ROMPAD end of shift summary report.
- Strong results orientation and ability to consistently deliver against the plan.
- Committed to safe work practices in the mining environment
- Capable of working under minimal supervision with a systematic logical approach
- Practical, organized & logical mind – ability to plan, organize, lead and control tasks
- Enthusiastic and responsible work attitude – leads by example at all times & meets targets.
- Resourceful, energetic and proactive, candidate displays a high level of initiative & is resilient
- Physically fit to work in underground environment
MODE OF APPLICATION:
- Please apply through our recruitment portal by clicking the ‘APPLY‘ button below.
- On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
- You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Sampler – UG Geology”
- You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
- Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
- Applications should reach the above on or before 16th November 2021 at 5:30 Pm
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
NOTE ON COVID-19 PREVENTION:
- Please note when you are invited for interviews, you will be required to present proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (Covid-19 vaccination certificate) or if you are not vaccinated, please go for a Covid-19 test, and obtain a 96 – hour valid PCR Covid-19 negative certificate.
- You are also advised to adhere to all recommended prevention measures including proper wearing of face masks and washing or sanitizing your hands before you are allowed through Geita Gold Mine entry points.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! GGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com