Job Opportunities at Geita Gold Mining Ltd – Officer 3 – Security Administration 2021
ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North Western Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s South East of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Officer 3 – Security Administration
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified Time Contract
Reporting to: Senior Supervisor – Crime Prevention
Number of Positions: One (1)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The purpose of the role is to support the security function in coordinating logistical / administration issues and all related security functions within the Geita Gold Mine.
- Secondary School education or above
- SAP system knowledge / experience
- Computer skills in MS Office programs
- Basic Security training / knowledge
- Minimum Two (2) years’ relevant experience in mining security environment.
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Ensure logistical arrangement for all sections of the Security department
- Application and administration of SAP system to ensure all departmental vendor’s payments are done on time
- Application of SAP system to ensure Reservations, Purchase Requisitions, Purchase Orders and SES are processed as required.
- Ensure all departmental stock items are available in Security store
- Attend departmental weekly cost meetings and provide necessary data for financial forecast.
- Submit information e.g., quotes, cost documents etc. on time.
- Participate on department cost control by ensuring that costs are costed under appropriate cost elements.
- Ensure management of departmental equipment and conduct quarterly audits.
- Ensure all essential items needed for department are registered as stock items by Supply Chain department.
- Oversee daily duties of subordinates
- Ensure control of all access cards.
- Conduct audit on access cards on a quarterly basis
- Any other tasks assigned by supervisor.
- No criminal record
- Must have a valid driver’s license if driving a company-owned vehicle.
- Be physically fit and be able to pass pre-employment and medical examinations / screening.
- Good written and oral communication skills in English language.
- Must be able to work with minimum Supervision.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
- Please apply through our recruitment portal by clicking the ‘APPLY‘ button below.
- On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
- You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Officer 3 – Security Administration”
- You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
- Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
- Applications should reach the above on or before 16th November 2021 at 5:30 Pm
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
NOTE ON COVID-19 PREVENTION:
- Please note when you are invited for interviews, you will be required to present proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (Covid-19 vaccination certificate) or if you are not vaccinated, please go for a Covid-19 test and obtain a 96 – hour valid PCR Covid-19 negative certificate.
- You are also advised to adhere to all recommended prevention measures including proper wearing of face masks and washing or sanitizing your hands before you are allowed through Geita Gold Mine entry points.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! GGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing email@example.com or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com