Job Opportunities Advertising Manager 2022
Advertising Manager Job Description: Top Duties and Qualifications
An Advertising Manager, or Marketing Strategist is responsible for coordinating departments to research and develop effective outreach and advertising campaigns. Their primary duties include promoting interest in a company’s services or products, launching market research and preparing advertising budgets.
Advertising Manager duties and responsibilities
The nature of an Advertising Manager’s work depends in part on the size of the company. In large agencies or companies, they may supervise a staff of employees within an advertising department and collaborate with other departments such as sales or marketing.Their main duties and responsibilities include:
- Working with staff or department heads to discuss topics such as marketing plans, budgets and contracts and the selection of advertising media
- Planning marketing campaigns such as giveaways, vouchers and contests
- Developing advertising campaigns, determining which media to promote in such as billboards, online, print, television and radio
- Negotiating contracts for advertising
- Evaluating the feel and look of plans and sketches for an advertisement that are used in layouts and websites.
- Conducting market research studies and reviewing their findings to understand clients and market opportunities for companies
- Creating pricing strategies for services or products marketed to the targeted clients
- Meeting with clients to provide marketing recommendations and directing the hiring of promotions, marketing and advertising staff and supervise their daily activities
What does an Advertising Manager do?
Advertising Managers work for organisations or advertising agencies that create advertising campaigns. With the goal of promoting a company’s services or products, much of their focus involves developing advertising campaigns. They also identify where to place advertising, such as online, on television or in print publications. Advertising Managers may also review the effectiveness of their campaigns once they are implemented. Sometimes, they oversee special promotions such as contests designed to create interest in their company.
Advertising Manager skills and qualifications
A successful Advertising Manager candidate will have various prerequisite skills and qualifications to perform their duties effectively, these include:
- In-depth knowledge of strategies used in marketing and sales
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- In-depth understanding of English writing conventions and grammar
- In-depth understanding of the operations of the mass media industry
- Business management skills, including resolving HR issues, strategic planning and budgeting
- Familiarity with various applications for tasks such as video creation and editing, website development, data visualisation and desktop publishing
- In-depth knowledge of customer service and the strategies involved in evaluating and meeting the needs of customers
Advertising Manager experience requirements
Advertising Managers must have at least five years of experience in sales, promotions, marketing, advertising and communications. Experience working as a Communications Manager or Digital Marketing Manager is preferable. Candidates who have worked for major advertising agencies are worth considering since they have likely had more professional exposure.
Advertising Manager education and training requirements
Prospective Advertising Managers must have a higher national diploma (HND) or a bachelor’s degree in fields like communication, journalism or advertising. For senior-level positions, a master’s degree in business administration may be preferable. Some employers prefer candidates who have completed a Marketing Manager degree or a higher apprenticeship. Other employers prefer candidates who have obtained certifications from professional bodies such as the Institute of Data and Marketing, the Chartered Institute of Public Relations and the Chartered Institute of Marketing.
Advertising Manager Salary Expectations
According to Indeed Salaries, the average salary of an Advertising Manager in the UK is £32,060 per year. This figure varies depending on factors including the candidates’ work experience, educational qualifications, the size of the company and geographical location.