Sidian Bank – Senior Officer, HR Operations September, 2021
Branch: Kilimani Branch – Head Office
Department: Human Resources
Reports to: Head of Human Resources
The Senior Human Resources Officer is an integral part of the HR team and our organization. In this role, the SHRO will support the Head of Human Resources in providing the foundational support and functional expertise to drive Compensation, Benefits and Data Analytics. The SHRO will also work closely with the entire HR Department.
- HR Leadership Support: under the guidance of the Head of HR and HRBP provide administrative support in performance management and tracking the value addition for assigned teams.
- Strategic Partnership Support: under the guidance of the Head of HR and HRBP provide administrative support to take HR expertise in areas of business change and consulting with line
- Human Capital Development Support: under the guidance of the Head of HR and HRBP provides administrative support to recognize people as critical assets and provide learning opportunities at work to facilitate employee and organizational success.
- Functional Expert: ensuring the administrative efficiency and effectiveness of the HR function.
- Employee Advocate: listening to employee concerns whilst simultaneously adopting a customer, shareholder, and managerial perspective, communicating to employees what is expected of them to be successful in creating value.
HR LEADERSHIP SUPPORT
- Productivity measurement – Provide personal productivity metrics on a weekly basis.
- Reporting – Generate a variety of reports as requested by HR, Finance, and other business leaders to ensure that the reports are accurate and timely – monthly staff lists, monthly payroll, monthly salary reviews data, monthly statutory reports, Mancom, quarterly Board, quarterly industry benefits and annual HR returns.
- Data – Perform data cleaning and standardization for existing HR datasets.
- Reports Custodian – of all compensation and benefits reports including monthly medical utilization, quarterly pension report.
- Business Intelligence – continuously looks for the best ways to harness and present data in the most effective and efficient manner for HR.
STRATEGIC PARTNERSHIP SUPPORT
- Change Management – Induction of new staff into the Sidian culture, Sidian DNA, and core values so that they understand and live the values from day one.
- Strategy implementation – Contribute to, and where accountable define policies and processes that support the banks and divisional /People strategy and objectives.
- HR Policies and Procedures interpretation – In-depth understanding of the Employment Act of Kenya, Labor Laws, and HR Policy and assist Managers and staff to appreciate and internalize; Proactively seek feedback on HR policies and procedures and consult with HRBP/Head of HR to update all HR policies and procedures to keep them relevant.
HUMAN CAPITAL DEVELOPMENT SUPPORT
- Learning & Development – Manage the training calendar budget in liaison with the HR team and ensure that all payments are UpToDate, NITA approvals are sought and reimbursements made.
- Payroll administration – through data entry, processing, and calculation of weekly payments and advances for Permanent and contract staff, ensuring the accuracy of salary inputs and or changes to result in efficient payments whilst maintaining confidentiality. Ensure that all payroll changes are supported by acknowledged documents, approval to pay, and are updated within timelines and at the end of day payroll reconciliation is done without any errors.
- Once off payments administration – monitor and alert the HRBP on any contracts or acting periods expiring to trigger action to drop from payroll or extend.
- Medical scheme administration – through receiving, tabulating, dispatching, updating and tracking new staff joiners, staff exits and existing medical claims and premiums payments and ensuring staff accesses their monthly statements.
- Pension scheme administration – through registration of new members, monthly deductions, follow-up on contributions of staff who have exited the bank and ensuring staff access their monthly statements.
- Third-party providers management – and activities required to administer compensation, benefits, and retirement plans to contribute to the development of employees’ engagement, as well as achieving the improvement of employees’ financial, physical health, and overall well-being in a cost-effective manner.
- Statutory deductions management – enrollment of new staff and deletion of ex-staff from schemes; NHIF, NSSF, HELB, KRA and ensure payments are collected and paid to the relevant authorities by the set deadlines. Ensure full compliance and file for compliance certificates to be updated all the time.
- Maintaining and updating staff information database – on HRIS by maintaining timely and accurate data entry and generation of required reports.
- Filing – maintaining an up-to-date, effective and accessible filing system for all electronic and hard copy compensation and benefits documents in the department to facilitate easy retrieval of records.
- HRIS – Champion and training all new staff on usage of HRIS on the self-service module and assisting staff with user or technical issues on the system.
- Manage the Bank’s staff lending policy – and existing portfolio ensuring always that such lending is in line with approved limits and policies and only staff who qualify access the staff loans as well as credit cards and mobile loans.
- Monitor staff financial management – accounts and loans – to ensure this is in line with Bank policies and as defined under the code of ethics and escalate where necessary.
- Ex-staff – Manage the workout of the ex-staff loans to ensure maximum recovery, collect any unsecured debt while the staff is clearing, follow up for any commitments made by the staff and also ensure ex-staff loan rates are amended as per schedule.
- Customer service – ensure all issues are handled promptly including support to ex-staff reaching out for any compensation and benefits-related queries.
- Employee Engagement – Promote Organizational Health Index to all staff to help them appreciate and implement initiatives to support organizational health; Promote participation in employee engagement surveys to the staff in order to promote Sidian as a great place to work; Spends time listening and responding to employees and their concerns; Provide support to employees in managing challenges at work.
- Detailed work plan and methodologies to manage day-to-day activities.
- Process of handling and responding to general/routine enquiries.
- First degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Psychology, Organizational Development, Public Administration or other relevant social sciences.
- Minimum of 3 years of progressively responsible experience in human resource management.
- Experience in payroll is mandatory.
- Use of Perpay – added advantage.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Proficiency with Digital Tools.
- Project and People Management Skills.
- Exceptional Networking and Relationship-Building Acumen.
- Ability to Maintain Confidentiality When Necessary.
- Effective Communication Skills among Diverse Audiences.
- Valid membership certificate from IHRM.
- Certified Human Resource Professional Kenya CHRP(K) – added advantage.
Apply by: 24th Sep, 2021